Call Email Write

   how to claim    more legal advice
APIL accredited solicitors logo  

Hit and Run accident compensation for personal injury


Make an enquiry:

If you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident with a driver who leaves the scene (a hit and run accident) you might think that there is no chance of making a claim for injury or property damage.

Fortunately in the UK that is not the case – there is still a way that you can obtain compensation. 

We are specialist hit and run solicitors who deal with compensation claims against the MIB.  


"No win No fee" Hit & Run personal injury Solicitors

There is a body called the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) that is funded by UK insurers.

They deal with claims from victims of hit and run or untraced driver incidents.

They provide compensation (in certain circumstances) for personal injury, vehicle damage and loss of earnings etc.

They also make a modest contribution to legal costs although generally this will not be sufficient to cover your full legal bill.

During 2007 the MIB dealt with 18,000 (hit and run) accidents. They paid out more than £78 million in compensation.

It is now possible to claim both personal injury compensation and property damage under the MIB hit and run accident scheme (known as the Untraced Drivers Agreement) subject to some restrictions.

We are MIB compensation specialists and will be able to help you claim damages that you perhaps thought would be impossible to recover.



More information

Here are some important steps to take if you find yourself involved in a hit and run accident: 

What you should do after a road accident with an untraced driver:

1) Try to record the offending vehicle registration number

2) Keep a record of all witnesses including passenger’s who (whilst not independent) will be able to corroborate your version of events)

3) Report the case to the police if they are not already aware of the accident. This is of great importance to the MIB and is a strong indicator to them that your claim is genuine.

4) Try to obtain medical attention if you have suffered injuries in the accident.

5) Take photos of the accident scene to assist with any liability investigation.

6) Obtain a repair estimate on your vehicle damage.

7) Consider instructing an accident lawyer specialising in MIB claims.  Speak to our accident claim helpline today and let us help you with your hit and run claim. Please note that the MIB will not pay all of your legal fees in pursuance of a claim against an untraced driver. We will therefore charge you 25% inclusive of vat which will be deducted from your compensation award


For more information about "whiplash compensation claims" visit our main website run by Winston Solicitors LLP

Road accident NEWS:

Portsmouth 20mph speed restriction zone has not worked - [5th October 2010]

Safety fears raised over motorway lights being off at night - [27th July 2010]

Learner drivers overrun a London estate leading to calls for them to be banned - [13th July 2010]

Alarming number of drivers not wearing a seatbelt reveals a survey - [2nd July 2010]

Councils told they will have to fund their own speed cameras in future by the government - [22nd June 2010]

Leeds council installing road safety 20mph zones around schools - [4th June 2010]

Worldwide recall of Toyota hybrid cars after fears over faulty brakes came to light - [13th February 2010]

Elephant poll reveals accident hotspots for trees, lamp posts and walls - [2nd February 2010]

UK continues in the grip of the "big freeze" causing more major travel chaos - [5th January 2010]

News archives 2009

News archives 2008

News archives 2007

Our service is NATIONWIDE and our experts are helping people every day in locations such as Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Bristol, Cardiff and many many other UK towns and cities.  

More road accident solicitor site links: car accident legal advice - what to do after a road accident - cycle accident claimvehicle damage claimsbus claimslegal fees who pays? - whiplash claims - pedestrian accident claims - accidents involving drivers with NO insurance - car accident claims - cycle claim facts

  chat image

Website Management Policy |Cookie Policy | Copyright ⓒ 2004-2012 
; ;